Thursday, June 2, 2011

BATTLE REPORT: Tyranids vs Grey Knights

So got a game in using my new Tyranid forces, had to proxy a couple things, including my Tervigons and Venonthropes, but other than that had pretty much everything I needed. The list I used was

HQ:
Tervigon - Catalyst, Adrenal Glands and Toxin Sacs

Elites:
3 Venomthropes
Zoanthrope
10 Ymgarl Genestealers

Troops:
10 Termagaunts - Devourers
10 Termagaunts - Devourers
Tervigon - Catalyst, Adrenal Glands and Toxin Sacs
Tervigon - Catalyst, Adrenal Glands and Toxin Sacs
5 Warriors - Deathspitters

Heavy Support:
Trygon Prime - Adrenal Glands

My opponent used(going on memory here, can't recall his Terminators close combat weapon loadouts too well):

HQ:
Grand Master - Psycannon, Falchions, Psychotroke and Rad Grenades

Troops:
5 Terminators - Psycannon
5 Terminators - Psycannon
5 Terminators - Psycannon, Brotherhood Banner, Daemonhammer
Strike Squad - 10 dudes, 2 Incinerators
Strike Squad - 10 dudes, 2 Incinerators

Mission: Capture and Control
Deployment: Pitched Battle

I deployed a Troops Tervigon with each Gaunt unit on either end of my line, with the HQ one in the middle, with the Venomthropes in front of him, then the Warriors in front of them. The Trygon Prime went on the flank at the middle line.

The game did not go well for the Grey Knights. By the bottom of Turn 4 he had 8 Terminators including his Grand Master, and 3 PAGKs left, while the bugs outnumbered them about 6 or 7 to 1. One squad of Terminators landed on top of his own PAGKs and got relocated to the far corner of the table out of the way. The Trygon munched on some Terminators and PAGKs, the Ymgarls accounted for 7 out of 10 PAGKs that were close to his own objective on a hill, and overall I dont think I did anything wrong. Two of my three Tervigons stopped making babies after Turn 1, but the third churned out a ton to compensate. As far as my opponent's decision, if he had deployed everything on table things might have gone differently. I was really worried about those pesky Incinerators.

EDIT: Just over my points again, it turns out i was 165 Points over. My apologies to my opponent should he read this