Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hobby: Tyrannofex conversion

Whew, so it's been a hectic few weeks since my last post, but I've slowly been trucking along on the tyranids as well. Haven't gotten as much painting done as I would have liked, but I finally did manage to kick myself into starting work on my Tyrannofex. I've had the conversion planned out for a while, and even had the parts to do it, but just lacked the time/motivation. However, I can now look with pride at the finished product and call it done. Pictures to follow after the break.










The base body is a Chimera, with two Carnifex plates on the back(the spore variety), then the spine plate on it's chest. I took the implant attack head, trimmed down the back to make it fit into the Chimera's upper chest, and cut the bottom half off to be able to fit the Mawloc's lower jaw. I then took two barbed stranglers, trimmed the arms off, then glued them side by side and set them into the mouth. A generous dollop of glue to fill the gaps and that was done. Really a fairly easy conversion in the end, though I dont know yet if I'll repeat it with another one, might do something with a couple Carnifexes melded together.