Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Army Back Story

BEGIN TRANSMISSION;
ASTORATH'S PERSONAL JOURNAL;
STRIKE FORCE FALLEN ANGEL;
WARNING RESTRICTED INFORMATION;
ENTER AUTHORIZATION CODE;
****************
WELCOME LORD COMMANDER;
ACCESSING RECORDS;
JOURNAL TITLE: The plight of Strike Force Fallen Angel;
Entry 13019:
I have sensed a rise in the black rage emanating from a sector of the galaxy that I was not aware contained any blood angel units. I am currently on Baal Primus searching for records of any units that may be in that area and who may be leading them.
Entry 13020:
I have managed to locate an entry in the records. It seems that a small strike force was formed by a newly appointed Captain Kargan. He created the strike force for an unknown reason, but it appears that he took none of the chapter’s vehicles, save the frigate that took him, and only a handful of Assault and Tactical squads with him. I will be setting out as soon as I am able to obtain a ship.
Entry 13021:
A new development, Lord Commander Dante has asked that I bring reinforcement to, what has now become known as, Strike Force Fallen Angel. Apparently there was a communication from Captain Kargan that has the Lord Commander concerned about his disposition and mental stability. I will be setting out the day after tomorrow on the Strike Cruiser “Sanguineous’ Fury”.
Entry 13022:
I am now en-route to the last known location of Strike Force Fallen Angel. Accompanying me, among other support craft and personnel, are two full squads of Vanguard Veterans and a Sanguinary Priest Brother Ramiel. I am not sure what message the Lord Commander received, but to send this much firepower it must not have been good news. I have been looking over the records of the disposition of the Strike Force and have found a few interesting aspects. Aside from the Captain and his Honor Guard there are no other senior officers. There are no records of any tactical marines, just assault marines. From the Captains records and previous battles it seems he prefers to lead from the front. My next entry will be when I have arrived at their last known location.
Entry 13023:
I have arrived in system and received and urgent transmission from the senior assault sergeant. He informs me that the Captain and a handful of marines went on a scouting mission and never returned. I can still sense the Black Rage, now even more strongly. I fear for what I may find when we make landfall.
Entry 13024:
Landfall was several days ago, we managed to locate the Captain and his honor guard. It appears that all of them are now in the full grip of the Black Rage; the only thing that I can do for them now is give them the death in battle that they long for. From what I have seen the loss of their Captain to the Black Rage has caused many of the younger assault marines to begin to show signs of the Black Rage. It seems that Strike Force Fallen Angel is a lost cause. I have consulted with the Brother Ramiel as well as the Vanguard Veterans. They will follow me into the eye of terror if necessary; they just want to give their battle brothers the peace of dying in combat before the Black Rage fully takes them.
Entry 13025:
I have ordered that all those Marines who are currently suffering from the Black Rage be place into stasis until we are able to find a battle in which they can unleash their furry against the enemy. The rest of the strike force has come to me and asked if it would be possible to honor their fallen Captain on their armor. I have allowed them, with the help of the tech priests, to repaint their armor with a black blood drop to signify their fallen captain. I have also commissioned the Tech Priests to modify the armor of the Captain and his Honor Guard to signify that they are now members of the Death Company. My next entry will be done on the Eve of battle, may the emperor guide us to where we are needed.
Entry 13026:
It is the eve of battle. I have ordered Captain Kargan reanimated along with his Honor Guard. They will form the Death Company which will drop straight into the teeth of the enemy and wreck havoc among their ranks. I will fight alongside a squad of assault marines who lost their Sergeant to the Black Rage. Brother Ramiel will be alongside me in this battle. Though the Captain succumbed to the Black Rage his gene seed is still viable and I want him to collect it, if at all possible. We shall descend upon wings of fire to bring the fury of Sanguineous and the emperor down upon our enemy. I wish to give the Captain a great battle in which he can die the way he should.
By the blood of Sanguineous, Strike Force Fallen Angel shall bring a fury down upon the enemies of mankind the likes of which they have never seen before!
END JOURNAL;
NO FURTHER RECORDS LOCATED WITH PARAMETERS "Strike Force Fallen Angel";
END TRANSMISSION;