Friday, September 2, 2011

Hobby: Ymgarl Genestealers in progress

Well, I've been slacking off somewhat with moving into my apartment and school starting, but got myself to finish the scheme for my Ymgarls, shown after the break.



I started with a base wash of Baal Red onto white primer, then used Skull White to redo the joints/little vent bits on the arms and legs. Asurmen Blue was then used to help break up the red. Some Blazing Orange on the carapace and head, some Devlan Mud for his claws and he was done. My logic in going with such a different color scheme from the rest of my army is that Ymgarls dont come from the same Hive Fleet, and would therefore have a different color scheme. Why I went with red is because I've always liked the bright colors on poison dart frogs, and since the Ymgarls can change their colors in a matter of seconds, going from a perfect camo pattern to a bright, threatening coloration isnt that hard to visualize. So here's the first one, going to have the whole unit done soon